Job #2019-J06 open until July 31, 2019
Postdoctoral Position (m/f/d) in Early Intervention in Psychiatric Diseases
9 days left to apply!
A postdoctoral position in neuroscience is available in our newly established research group “Early Intervention in Psychiatric Diseases (EPD)” at the BioMed X Innovation Center in Heidelberg. The main aim of the group, led by Dr. Ebru Ercan Herbst, is to understand factors that regulate oligodendrocyte development and dissect the dysregulated molecular mechanisms underlying myelination deficits, in particular hypomyelination in Schizophrenia. We are looking for highly enthusiastic researchers to broaden our think-tank with her/his intellectual power and technical excellence. The ideal candidate would have a Ph.D. degree in cell biology, neurobiology or biochemistry and a strong background in iPSC culture and differentiation.
- Proven experience with iPSC-derived cell cultures, with preference on differentiation to neurons and/or oligodendrocytes
- Experience with microscopy techniques (e.g. confocal microscopy, live cell imaging)
- Familiarity with basic molecular biology techniques and genetic manipulation of cells (e.g. RNA isolation, cloning, lentivirus preparation, transduction, overexpression and knockdown)
- Skills in basic biochemistry techniques (e.g. ELISA, immunoblotting)
- Very good work organization skills
- Willingness and ability to lead research assistants and/or Master students on their projects.
- Independent thinking
- Experienced to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills in English
Candidates are requested to submit
- A cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae outlining scientific interests, research achievements, a record of publications, future personal goals and extra-scientific passions
- Short outline of a potential contribution to the team (short description of ideas or experimental approaches to study hypomyelination in Schizophrenia with iPSC-derived cultures)
- Contact information of 2 referees.
What we offer
The position is available as of Jan 1st, 2020 and is offered for a limited term until Dec 31st, 2023. BioMed X is a multidisciplinary and international research institution with a very collegial and flexible working environment. As part of the remuneration package we offer a competitive salary, access to training and lecture courses in house as well as in neighboring research institutions on the Life Science Campus in Heidelberg. Team recognition events, such as our annual two-day retreat, joint luncheons and after work events, a Summer and a Christmas party are just some of the other perks our fellows enjoy. The position is sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim. Please submit your application to the attention of Dr. Ebru Ercan Herbst before July 31st, 2019 via the online application system on this website
BioMed X Innovation Center
Contact: Dr Ebru Ercan Herbst