Job #2019-J05 open until July 3, 2019
Research Assistant Position (f/m/d) in Immunology
19 days left to apply!
About BioMed X
The BioMed X Innovation Center is an exciting collaboration model at the interface between academia and industry. At our center, distinguished early career scientists recruited from all over the world are working jointly on novel pre-clinical research projects in the fields of biomedicine, molecular biology, cell biology, diagnostics, and consumer care. These interdisciplinary project teams are conducting groundbreaking biomedical research in an open innovation lab facility on the campus of the University of Heidelberg, under the guidance of experienced mentors from academia and industry while expanding their scientific network.
About Team IAA (Rapid Identification of Auto-Antigens in Autoimmune Diseases)
The objective of the group, headed by Dr. John Lindner, is to develop methods for the rapid identification of autoantigens in autoimmune disease and to deconvolute the autoimmune T-cell receptor (TCR) repertoire functionally with respect to unknown cognate peptide:HLA complexes. We will use high-throughput screening approaches coupling sequence to specificity in order to identify critical points of attack in the treatment of autoimmune diseases with previously unmet clinical need. Furthermore, we will apply these strategies to the related field of cancer immunotherapy.
We are looking for a highly enthusiastic and creative researcher to broaden our think-tank with his / her intellectual power, technical excellence, and problem-solving expertise. The ideal candidate should have a Master’s degree or equivalent in molecular biology, cell biology, or immunology. You will be a crucial member of a team effort to establish a high-speed, high-throughput platform that will become the cutting edge in antigen receptor specificity research.
- Up-to-date molecular and cell biological techniques
- Independent critical thinking and experimental design skills
- Familiarity with cellular genetic manipulation (e.g. viral vector delivery, CRISPR/Cas9)
- Very good work organization skills
- Ability to work in a milestone-driven environment
- Experience working in interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent English communication skills
Additional preferred skills
- Theoretical and/or technical background in adaptive immune processes, with an emphasis on T-cell:antigen-presenting cell interactions
- Skill in immunological biochemisty (e.g. immunoprecipitation and/or mass spectrometry of HLA:peptide complexes)
- Experience with high-throughput screening techniques
Candidates are requested to submit
- 1-page cover letter explaining your interest in joining our team
- Curriculum vitae outlining scientific interests, research achievements, publications (where applicable), future personal goals, and extracurricular passions
- Contact information for 2 referees
What we offer
The position is offered for the duration of 2 years, with possible extension to a total of 3 years. BioMed X is a multidisciplinary and international research institution with a very collegial and flexible working environment. As part of the remuneration package we offer a competitive salary, access to training and lecture courses in house as well as in neighboring research institutions on the Life Science Campus in Heidelberg. Team recognition events, such as our annual two-day retreat, joint luncheons and after work events, a Summer and a Christmas party are just some of the other perks our fellows enjoy.
The position is sponsored by Janssen, with a start date of August 1st, 2019. Please submit your application to the attention of Dr. John Lindner before July 3rd, 2019 via the online application system on this website.
BioMed X Innovation Center
Contact: Dr. John Lindner