Job #2019-J03 open until April 15, 2019
Research Assistant/Lab Technician Position (m/f/d) in Pathogen-Mediated Modulation of Innate Immunity
27 days left to apply!
What we are looking for
A research assistant/lab technician position is available in the team of Pathogen-Mediated Modulation of Innate Immunity (PMI) at the BioMed X Innovation Center in Heidelberg. Preliminary evidence suggests that pathogenic microorganisms can exploit functional innate immunity networks of the host to aid immune evasion, and that de-regulation of those same networks might contribute to pathology in chronic inflammatory diseases. The team is interested in identifying key molecular and cellular mechanisms at the pathogen-host interface which could be exploited as potential targets for the treatment of multiple chronic inflammatory diseases. As part of the research project novel therapeutic concepts are to be developed that explore the complex pathogen-host interaction within human tissues, with a focus on innate immunity mechanisms. The lab will employ systems and high-throughput approaches combined with mechanistic cellular biology and will be focusing on the biology of inflammatory cell death. We are looking for highly enthusiastic researchers to broaden our think-tank with her/his intellectual power and technical excellence. The ideal candidate would have a Master degree in immunology and/or molecular cell biology, and a strong background in cell signaling mechanisms.
- Tissue culture
- Primary cells isolation and culture (with a preference for immune cells)
- Fluorescence microscopy and immuno-staining
- Molecular biology and protein biochemistry techniques (cloning, PCR, RNA isolation, Western blotting)
- Hands-on experience with gene silencing techniques (siRNA/ CRISPR-cas9 etc.)
- Very good work organization skills
- Ability to work in a milestone-driven environment
- Experienced to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills in English
Additional preferred skills
- Image analysis
- Lab automation
- Mass spectromety
Candidates are requested to submit
- 1-page cover letter explaining the reasons of interest to join our team
- Curriculum Vitae outlining scientific interests, research achievements, a record of publications, future personal goals and extra-scientific passions
- 2 reference letters
What we offer
The post is offered for a limited term until October 31st, 2021. BioMed X is a multidisciplinary and international research institution with a very collegial and flexible working environment. As part of the remuneration package we offer a competitive salary, access to training and lecture courses in house as well as in neighboring research institutions on the Life Science Campus in Heidelberg. Team recognition events, such as our annual two-day retreat, joint luncheons and after work events, a Summer and a Christmas party are just some of the other perks our fellows enjoy.
The position is sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim.
The position is available as of May 1st, 2019. Please submit your application for the attention of Dr. Bachir El Debs before April 15th, 2019 via the online application system on this website. Applicants will be interviewed upon incoming documents, hence please get in touch as soon as you decide to apply.
BioMed X Innovation Center
Contact: Dr. Bachir El Debs