Job #2018-J13 closed since December 30, 2018
Postdoctoral Fellow (m/f) in DNA Damage in Cancer
What we are looking for
A postdoctoral position is available in the team of “DNA Damage in Cancer” at the BioMed X Innovation Center in Heidelberg. The main aim of the group is to understand the mechanisms of synthetic lethality in cancer. In order to be able to identify targetable synthetic lethalities that can be used for treatment, we model genotypic differences observed in different cancer types and apply high throughput genome-wide screens. We also develop new tools and assays to characterize synthetic lethalities observed in DNA damage related pathways. We are looking for a highly enthusiastic postdoc to strengthen our team with her/his technical excellence. The ideal candidate should have a PhD degree in cell biology, or biochemistry and a very strong background in cell culture systems and cell based assays.
- Hands on experience in CRISPR/Cas9-based systems
- Hands-on experience in establishing and maintenance of cultured cells (transfection, transduction) and cell-based assays (in vitro or in vivo)
- Hands-on experience in basic molecular and cell biology techniques (DNA/RNA isolation, PCR/qPCR, Western blotting, Immunofluorescence)
- Very good work organization skills
- Experienced to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills in English
Additional preferred skills
- Experience in genome wide screens
- Experience in 3D cultures
Candidates are requested to submit
- 1-page cover letter explaining the reasons of interest to join our team
- Curriculum Vitae summarizing technical skills, personal goals and extra-scientific passions
- 2 references
What we offer
The post is offered until October 31st, 2020. BioMed X is a multidisciplinary and international research institution with a very collegial and flexible working environment. As part of the remuneration package we offer a competitive salary, access to training and lecture courses in house as well as in neighboring research institutions on the Life Science Campus in Heidelberg. Team recognition events, such as our annual two-day retreat, joint luncheons and after work events, a Summer and a Christmas party are just some of the other perks our fellows enjoy.
The position is sponsored by Merck.
The position is available from 1st February 2019. Please submit your application to the attention of Dr. Balca Mardin until 30th December 2018 via the online application system on this website. Applicants will be interviewed upon incoming documents, hence please get in touch as soon as you decide to apply.
BioMed X Innovation Center
Contact: Dr. Balca Mardin