Job #2018-J12 closed since December 31, 2018
Bioinformatics Data Analyst (m/f) in Epigenetics and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
What we are looking for
A bioinformatics data analyst position is available in the team of “Epigenetics and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease” at the BioMed X Innovation Center in Heidelberg. The main aim of the group is to advance the biological understanding of COPD and identify novel epigenetic regulators of the disease. We are looking for a highly-motivated researcher with experience in bioinformatics and statistics and with a proven track record in the next-generation sequencing data analysis. You will contribute to an internationally competitive research group employing high-throughput epigenomics assays in combination with cutting-edge epigenetic and molecular biology tools. You will be responsible for analysis and integration of a wide range of NGS-based data, including genome-wide transcriptomic analysis, ATAC-seq and whole-genome bisulfite sequening.
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, systems biology, biostatistics or a related field
- Extensive experience in mining, integration and analysis of multiple next-generation sequencing data sets;
- Experience with common bioinformatics methods, tools, websites (e.g. NCBI, UCSC, Ensembl) and data resources (e.g. TCGA, ENCODE);
- Experience with retrieving, normalizing and analyzing high-throughput datasets using R packages / Bioconductor, as well as in the visual presentation of biological data from high-throughput experiments;
- Very good work organization skills and the ability to work independently
- Experience in working in interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills in English
Candidates are requested to submit
- 1-page cover letter explaining the reasons of interest to join our team
- Curriculum Vitae summarizing technical skills, personal goals and extra-scientific passions
- 2 reference names
What we offer
The post is offered for a limited term until 31st of October 2019. BioMed X is a multidisciplinary and international research institution with a very collegial and flexible working environment. As part of the remuneration package we offer a competitive salary, access to training and lecture courses in house as well as in neighboring research institutions on the Life Science Campus in Heidelberg. Team recognition events, such as our annual two-day retreat, joint luncheons and after work events, a Summer and a Christmas party are just some of the other perks our fellows enjoy.
The position is sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim.
The position is available immediately. Please submit your application to the attention of Dr. Renata Jurkowska via the online application system on this website. Applicants will be interviewed upon incoming documents, hence please get in touch as soon as you decide to apply.
BioMed X Innovation Center
Contact: Dr. Renata Jurkowska