Job #2017-J08 closed since April 18, 2017
Research Assistant (m/f) - Oral Biofilm Disruption
What we are looking for
A research assistant position is available in the team of “Oral Biofilm Disruption (OBD)” at the BioMed X Innovation Center in Heidelberg. The main aim of the group is to uncover novel methods to disrupt saliva derived, mixed-species, and potentially pathogenic bacterial biofilms from the oral cavity to reduce the incidence of dental caries. We are looking for a highly enthusiastic researcher to strengthen our team with her/his technical excellence. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors/Masters degree in microbiology or molecular biology, preferably with research experience of a year or more in a microbiological lab.
- Hands-on experience handling diverse aerobic or anaerobic bacterial strains
- Hands-on experience in molecular biology techniques (cloning, PCR, RNA isolation, RT-PCR)
- Very good work organization skills
- Excellent communication skills in English
Additional preferred skills
- Experience with anaerobic incubator, S2-level microbes, biofilm quantification and microscopy
- Cataloguing and storing bacterial strains
Candidates are requested to submit
- 1-page cover letter explaining the reasons of interest to join our team
- Curriculum Vitae summarizing technical skills, personal goals and extra-scientific passions
- 1 reference letter
What we offer
The post is offered for an initial term of two years, with the possibility of prolongation. As part of the research group in the above mentioned field the post includes a generous personal salary, services, travels, benefits as well as access to the core facilities of neighboring research institutions and biotechnology companies in Heidelberg. There is also the opportunity to attend educational programs in the field of entrepreneurship and leadership (www.biotech-entrepreneurship.com). The position is sponsored by Johnson & Johnson.
The position is available as of April 01, 2017. Please submit your application for the attention of Dr. Balendu Avvaru before April 17, 2017 via the online application system on this website.
BioMed X Innovation Center
Contact: Dr. Balendu Avvaru