Job #2017-J06 closed since March 23, 2017
Research Assistant / Lab Technician Position (m/f) in Epigenetics and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
What we are looking for
A Reseach Assistant/Lab Technician position in respiratory diseases is available in the team of “Epigenetics and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease” at the BioMed X Innovation Center in Heidelberg. The group employs high-throughput epigenomics assays, such as whole genome bisulfite sequencing (WGBS), ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq and RNA-seq in combination with cutting-edge epigenetic and molecular biology tools to advance our biological understanding of the disease, identify epigenetic biomarkers for diagnosis and devise novel therapeutic strategies. We are looking for a highly enthusiastic researcher to strengthen our team with her/his technical excellence. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biology or Biotechnology or is a trained MTA / BTA , with at least 1 year laboratory experience and a high degree of familiarity with next-generation sequening based approaches (library preparation and sequencing).
- Hands-on experience with sample preparation for next-generation sequening (RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, WGBS, ATAC-seq), as well as with basic methods of molecular biology (isolation of DNA and RNA, real time PCR)
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills, including the ability to handle a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Precision in executing techniques and interest in achieving high quality scientific results
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English
Additional preferred skills
- Experience in cell culture of primary cells and tissue processing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Critical thinking, excellent problem solving skills
- Background in epigenetics or respiratory diseases
Candidates are requested to submit
- 1-page cover letter explaining the reasons of interest to join our team
- Curriculum Vitae outlining scientific interests, research achievements, a record of publications, future personal goals and extra-scientific passions
- 2 reference letters
What we offer
The post is offered for an initial term of two years, with the possibility of prolongation and an option for a permanent position. As part of the research group in the above mentioned field the post includes a generous personal salary, services, travels, benefits as well as access to the core facilities of neighboring research institutions and biotechnology companies in Heidelberg. There is also an opportunity to attend educational programs in the field of entrepreneurship and leadership www.biotech-entrepreneurship.com.
The position is sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim.
The position is available as of March 01, 2017. Please submit your application for the attention of Dr. Renata Jurkowska before March 22, 2017 via the online application system on this website.
BioMed X Innovation Center
Contact: Dr. Renata Jurkowska