Job #2021-J02 closed since April 15, 2021
Postdoctoral Position (m/f/d) in Pathogen-Mediated Modulation of Innate Immunity
About BioMed X
BioMed X is an independent research institute located on the campus of the University of Heidelberg in Germany. Together with our partners, we identify big biomedical research challenges and provide creative solutions by combining global crowdsourcing with local incubation of the world’s brightest early-career research talents. Each of the highly diverse research teams at BioMed X has access to state-of-the-art research infrastructure and is continuously guided by experienced mentors from academia and industry. At BioMed X, we combine the best of two worlds - academia and industry - and enable breakthrough innovation by making biomedical research more efficient, more agile, and more fun.
About Team PMI
The objective of the group, headed by Dr. Bachir El Debs, is to understand and identify key molecular and cellular mechanisms at the pathogen-host interface which could be exploited as potential targets for the treatment of multiple chronic inflammatory diseases.
We are looking for highly enthusiastic researchers to broaden our think-tank with their intellectual power and technical excellence. The ideal candidate would have a PhD or equivalent degree in biology, immunology or biochemistry with a background in pathogen/host interactions or immune signaling, innate immunity, macrophage biology.
- Solid biochemistry skills (protein-protein interactions, pull-downs, etc.)
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in proteomics
- Fluorescence microscopy and image analysis
- Solid knowledge in cell/immune signaling
- Independent thinking
- Experienced to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills in English
Additional preferred skills
- Experience with primary immune cells isolation and handling
- Experience with data analysis and R
Candidates are requested to submit
- 1-page cover letter explaining the reasons of interest to join our team
- 1-2 pages outline of the proposed contribution to the team (short description of ideas or experimental approaches)
- Curriculum Vitae outlining scientific interests, research achievements, a record of publications, future personal goals and extra-scientific passions
- 2 references
What we offer
- International, diverse, and positive work atmosphere, flexible working environment
- A competitive salary
- Access to training and lecture courses in house as well as in neighboring research institutions on the Life Science Campus in Heidelberg
- Access to a vast network in science and industry.
- Job ticket, sponsored fitness contract, complimentary fresh fruit, soft drinks and chocolate team recognition events, etc.
The position is sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim.
The position is available as of May 1st, 2021 and is offered for a limited term until 31st October 2022. Please submit your application to the attention of Dr. Bachir El Debs before April 15th, 2021 via the online application system on this website.