Job #2017-J07 open until April 2, 2017
Postdoctoral Fellow (m/f) in Amino Acid Transport in Cancer
3 days left to apply!
What we are looking for
BioMed X is looking for an experienced and highly motivated postdoctoral scientist to characterize novel vulnerabilities in cancer cells related to amino acid transport and amino acid-mediated stress phenotypes in cancer. The project will be carried out in close collaboration with Merck KGaA Biopharma in Darmstadt, therefore strong collaborative & communication skills, and motivation to work in the intersection of basic and applied cancer research are essential. The successful applicant is expected to have an excellent track record in molecular cancer research as evidenced by high-impact publications. A research background in cancer metabolism and/or protein stress-related phenotypes in cancer is ideal. The postdoc will be embedded in the team “DNA Damage in Cancer” at the BioMed X Innovation Center in Heidelberg. To carry out the research project, the following technical expertise is required.
- PhD in cellular or molecular biology with a very good track record
- Strong background in amino-acid metabolism or related pathways
- Hands-on experience in establishing, maintenance and manipulation of cultured cells
- Hands-on experience in cell based assays including signal transduction and proliferation/viability measurements using different assay formats
- Basic molecular biology techniques for cDNA or shRNA cloning
- Very good work organization skills and the ability to work independently
- Experienced to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills in English
Additional preferred skills
- Flow cytometry
- CRISPR/Cas9-mediated gene modification in cultured cells
- Measurement of metabolites and/or flux and transport of metabolites
Candidates are requested to submit
- 1-page cover letter explaining the reasons of interest to join our team
- Curriculum Vitae summarizing technical skills, personal goals and extra-scientific passions
- 2 reference names
What we offer
The post is offered for an initial term of two years. As part of the research group in the above mentioned field the post includes a generous personal salary, services, travels, benefits as well as access to the core facilities of neighboring research institutions and biotechnology companies in Heidelberg. There is also the opportunity to attend educational programs in the field of entrepreneurship and leadership www.biotech-entrepreneurship.com.
The position is sponsored by Merck.
The position is available from May 01, 2017. Please submit your application for the attention of Dr. Balca Mardin (firstname.lastname@example.org) until April 01, 2017 via our online application system on this website.
BioMed X Innovation Center
Contact: Dr. Balca Mardin